Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warriors roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter. (Banner by Star.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

Mood : Hungry

A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) Empty
PostSubject: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:15 pm

A vast clearing surrounded by trees in the unclaimed forest. Many rouges come here often to hunt, as it is full of plump prey.

You most likely will find -

>Squirrels
>Various birds
>Occasionally rabbits

-

Cinder walks around the forest, crunching the dead leaves and twigs beneath his paws. He starts to gather some soft leaves and mossy remnants to make a cushion in the shade of a large oak tree for himself. He positions himself on the make-shift cushion, wrapping his tail around his body as he sits down. Cinder raises his front paw up to his snout to start grooming himself. "A beautiful cat like me always has to look good for the ladies..", he thinks to himself as he starts to lick his other paw.

*The old topic title was 'Roaming Around'. This topic has been edited and transformed into one any cat can use. c:
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

Mood : Tired

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Frosty trudged through, her ears flat against her head. The feline's gray and white hair prickled with fear as she gazed around at her unknown surroundings. She froze in her tracks as she spotted the other cat, retreating into the undergrowth with widened yellow eyes. She watched him cautiously, hoping this stranger wouldn't see her. She shifted in the tall grass, the bell around her neck letting out a ring. She gasped, ducking lower.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Cinder immediately looked up from his grooming himself, as he was startled by a sudden jingling sound. He carefully placed his paw back on the ground and straightened himself out. Nonchalantly he arched his back and slowly paced around the clearing, looking for any sign of another rogue. As he passed by a patch of tall grass, out of the corner of his eye he spotted shiny yellow eyes in the patch of green. Cinder stopped, sat down, and started licking his paw once again. "Maybe my amazing beauty will lure them out of there. If not, it's not my problem.."
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Her belly, swollen with kits, touched the ground as she tried to crouch even lower. She shivered gently when the other cat sat down right next to the patch of grass she had been hiding in. He doesn't look very scary.. she observed, though the stories of the savage stray cats that she was told as a kitten still flashed in her mind. She backed lower into the grass, trying to get some distance from the orange furred feline before revealing herself. Frosty hesitantly emerged from the grass, stepping to the side and onto the hard dirt ground. "H-hello.." she mewed slowly, her voice cracking from being unused for a few days. Her whiskers quivered nervously, eyes fixed onto the cat.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Cinder heard the soft voice and turned toward the sound. "Oh, hello there." he meowed as he scanned his eyes up and down the grey she-cat. Not too bad-looking herself, he thought, but as his eyes reached her pregnant belly he immediately put off all thoughts of romance, and instead decided to try and befriend the she-cat in front of him. I may be very vain, but I still hold some respect for others.. he thought to himself. "What is your name, may I ask? Oh, I'm Cinder." he cracked a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 pm

"F-Frosty," she replied gently, managing a faint smile herself. Surprisingly, she didn't feel threatened by him. She had thought he would have been threatening and hostile, but this stray was quite the opposite. Though despite him warm greeting, her yellow eyes remained on the tom as she was still uncertain and cautious - he was a stranger, after all.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 pm

"Nice name." he chortled, widening his smile slightly. "It suits you." he walked a little closer to Frosty. "What brings you to this particular place today?" he asked her, looked around at their surroundings. He turned his gaze back to Frosty as he expected an answer.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 pm

The first thing that came to mind was why she was even in the forest to begin with. Instead, she replied shortly, "I.. I was just walking around." Frosty shifted uncomfortably, feeling as if that was a lie. He didn't ask why I'm here, he only asked what brought be here, she quickly reminded herself. Her fluffy gray tail swished gently.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

"Oh." he was a little surprised by the simple answer, but he couldn't figure out why. "Well, I live here. want to come to my home?" he asked, almost sheepishly. He tilted his head as he was waiting for an answer and thought, I'm so stupid! Why would she want to come to my den? She barely even knows me. I shouldn't have even said anything about my home in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

One of her ears flattened at the word 'home'. She immediately thought of her old twoleg nest. "Y-your home? If it has twolegs, then.. I can't." she shook her head sadly, a light frown appearing onto her white muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Cinder was a little surprised at Frosty's response. "W-what? no, of course not! No two-legs anywhere near my home! I meant I live here, as in the forest." he found himself a bit flustered after finishing  what he had just said. He looked at Frosty and meowed sheepishly, "I - I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked in the first place. You barely know me and-" he turned away and sat down, trying to hide his embarrassed look that he had on his face. Why am I so embarrassed at this? I don't even know why I'm acting this way.. he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Her frown faded, feeling a bit guilty for his embarrassment. "O-oh, you live in the forest..!" a small wave of relief washed over her. She smiled faintly at his offer, finally understanding. "Sure, I.. I suppose I'll go to your home." Frosty mewed gently, gazing over to Cinder.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Cinder looked up at her comment and turned around, standing up as he did. The heat from his embarrassment left his face as he smiled and said, "O - Oh of course! It's right this way..m'lady." He turned and walked in the direction of his forest home, feeling his normal attitude coming back to him. Still he wondered. Why was I acting that way? I'm never like this..

(Shall we continue this in a new topic? c:)
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:52 pm

She smiled, rising to her paws. Frosty trailed behind the tom, the aching returning to her paws. The gray and white feline tried her best to ignore the stinging as she padded after Cinder.

(Okay. I'm going to edit this topic to make it a place ourselves and other cats will be able to use, so this topic doesn't have to be thrown away. :3)
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Cinder strolled into the clearing and sat on a pile of dry leaves. He glanced around the clearing searching for any small prey he could easily catch. Not seeing anything, he waited for Frosty to follow behind him.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Frosty slowly entered after the tom, gazing around the large perimeter of the clearing. She settled down next to him. "So, is the food hiding? I can't smell it at all." she was sniffing the air for the familiar, mouthwatering scent of her old twoleg food, but all she could scent was the moist grass and, well, the outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Cinder was still confused. "Of course the food is hiding. You have to catch it. It's not like it'll just sit out in the open and let you pounce on it," he said jokingly, not knowing if Frosty was being serious or not. In that moment, he spotted a plump rabbit in the corner of his eye. "Wait - stay here." he meowed quietly, moving forward toward the rabbit. Low to the moist grass, he stopped just behind the rabbit. He pounced, closing his paws on top of the rabbit, and making sure it wasn't still alive. He clenched it in his jaw and brought it back to Frosty. "See? You have to do it like that." he said in a muffled tone. "It doesn't just come to you automatically." He set the rabbit down in front of them and smiled slightly at the she-cat.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Frosty screeched in horror at the sight of the lifeless, furry creature laying in front of her paws. She recoiled back, pressing up against a tree. "Why- why did you kill the poor thing?!" the she-cat exclaimed, her yellow eyes widened in shock. Maybe this cat really is a killer! she thought nervously, glancing at Cinder then down at the rabbit, fur prickling at the terrible sight.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 pm

"It's food, silly! What else would we eat? Sticks and leaves?" he tilted his head at her. "It's not like these things are going to run out any time soon," he meowed, looking down at the limp rabbit. "If you don't want to eat it, I guess you could just find your own food, and I'll eat this. But good luck with that, it doesn't look like you would want to kill your food anyways." he chuckled lightly and sat down. "Don't you do this to get your food? What's so shocking about this?"
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:23 pm

She gulped, gazing up to him. "What?! Why would I ever kill something so innocent?" Frosty shook her head in disbelief. "You mean.. you actually would eat that?" the former kittypet wrinkled her nose in disgust, though the smell of the unusual animal was carried to her nose and actually made her mouth water. Her stomach rumbled frustratedly at the tempting smell, though she told herself to stay put. "So.. you've never seen actual food before? It kind of.. It kind of looks like this." Frosty gestured to a brown clump of dirt with a paw. "Obviously it isn't dirt, but it's the most delicious thing in the world." her mouth watered even more at the sound of it, feeling a slight pang of regret to her choice of leaving her twoleg nest. No, remember what happened to her. Her kits got taken away. Frosty shook her head sadly.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Cinder was still confused. "Uh, this is actual food. If you eat it, it's food, right?" he looked down at the clump of dirt she gestured to. "Even if it isn't actual dirt, that still doesn't seem very appealing. What's so weird about getting your own food?" he picked the rabbit back up in his mouth and started toward his den. "I don't know about you, but I'm heading back to my den to eat. If you want to catch your own you can do that, because you don't really seem like you're going to eat this one." he meowed back to Frosty, his voice muffled due to the prey in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Frosty's mouth gaped open slightly, surprised that this tom would just leave her in the clearing as if he didn't care if she starved or not. "Catch my own?!" she muttered under her breath, flashing an irritated glance towards Cinder as he was beginning to make the short journey back to his den. She let out a hmph, shifting her weight on her aching paws. "Sure, just leave me in this weird place. I'll find something to eat, don't you worry." the she-cat meowed in a louder voice, making her way towards a bush of berries. She reluctantly nibbled one off, flinching at the sour burst of juice that oozed out and into her mouth. Her yellow eyes flicked over to the walking feline, thinking hard if she should follow him or not. She hesitantly took a step away from the bush, the tangy flavor still on her tongue.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 am

Cinder heard the she-cat fussing about and stopped walking toward his den. He turned to face her and meowed, "Well, if you don't want to catch your own, I guess you'll either starve or share this with me." he said, voice muffled with his prey. "Besides, those berries never taste very good anyways." he said, nodding toward the bush she bit off a berry from. He sat down, and wrapped his tail around to his front paws. "So, you coming back to my den or not?" he asked, eyeing the she-cat for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:28 am

She let out a long sigh, pondering his question. "I suppose I'll come back with you..." Frosty finally mewed, an unsatisfied frown placed onto her muzzle. The she-cat shuddered at the sight of the lifeless, white rabbit hanging from Cinder's mouth, and made her way up to the tom to join him back to his den. "But don't be so sure I'll have any of that." she added in a lower tone. The smell of the rabbit actually seemed quite tempting, but one glance at it and the revolting appearance constantly changed her mind.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Warrior
Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm

"Alright, if you insist." he said, still slightly taken aback that she was so surprised at his eating habits. "If you're not having any of this to eat, what are you gonna eat for tonight? Or are you just gonna go on an empty stomach?" he meowed playfully, and seeing the she-cat walking grumpily next to him he stopped smiling. He saw his den not too far away from them and could not wait to start eat the plump rabbit he had caught not too long ago.

(Continue in Cinder's den?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)   A Large Clearing (A common hunting area) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Large Clearing (A common hunting area)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next