Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warriors roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter. (Banner by Star.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newsletter Staff Applications

Go down 
+4
Vexinate
Star
Twisted
Yancy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, we're going to have a newsletter! Sounds fun, yes? And it is. Lots of people seemed to show interest in applying for the newsletter, so this is the place to do it. The thread will be open until at least six people apply. Then we vote until six people vote. x3 (The time may be extended... and more than ten people can vote, as long as I haven't announced it's time to vote. :P) But put effort into your application, this isn't first-come-first-serve, if you didn't get that already. :D

rules;
1. you MAY chat on this thread, but please keep it to a minimum.
2. all FP rules apply. >:3
3. put 'Yancybear' in the 'other' section of your app
4. whatever you write for 'example', put it in a spoiler. :D

Now, to explain the positions. We'll probably have 5 people on these positions (This may be slightly changed):

1. Editor - me
2. Editor in chief - Maggie
3. Writer
4. Writer
5. Collecter

Here's an explanation of the positions;

Editor: I check over everyone's writing, tell them what needs to be fixed or what they could do to make the article a bit better. You also need to check with me what you're writing about, so a few of us don't write about the same thing. I'll write articles along with the other Writers, so they have a little less work.

Editor in chief: After you've come to me, show your writing to Maggie. She'll proof-check it to make sure everything's good and ready to be published- it should be, but I may have missed something. After this, we can publish your writing. :D She can most definitely post articles if she would like.

Writers: Write articles about FP! We're trying to keep everyone updated here- look around FP for fun events, important characters stepping up to power, etc. For example, one of the writers could write about there being the OOC mod vote right now, and the results! Another Writer could write about New Years, and stuff like that. People can send in their request to the Collecter, who passes the request over to one of the writers, and they post an ad for that person. However, the person has to pay 50 points, earning us each 10 points!

Collecter: All ad requests will go to this person, who will post an ad in the newsletter. The 50 points the person paid for the ad will get us 10 points each! However, I'm paying the collecter for posting the ads by giving him/her 5 of my 10 points. x3 So, not a lot, but if we get, say, five requests in the week, the Collecter would get 50 points + my 25 = 75 points. In a week. So that's pretty good. :D And the collecter is still free to write articles, just to clear that up.

Alright, here's the form (btw, you don't have to have any experience, I just want to know it you have any) :

Code:

username;
reason for applying;
any experience;
collecter or writer;
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story);
other;

Those who applied so far;

1. Twisted - Collecter/Writer
2. Vexinate - Writer/Collector
3. Whispers - Writer
4. Goldy - Collecter
5. HalfKitten - Writer

1 more spot left! After that, we're voting! I changed it from 10 to 6 people because I was getting impatient. xD But 6 should work out because that means only half the people applied get to be on the team.

Magpie wrote:
Moved. c:

I've also created a hidden group for the Newsletter Staff. Yancy is the group moderator, so she can accept or reject requests to join (it's a hidden group though, so I don't think you're allowed to join request >_<) and add members to the group if they are part of the newsletter staff. Since it's a hidden group, those who are a part of it will not have their usernames coloured differently. The group also has moderation rights in the FP Newsletters subforum, so they have the ability to lock/delete/sticky/etc. posts and topics there.

So we get our own subforum. :D It's right under 'Announcements'. Just thought I should point that out. x3

Last edited by Yancy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vexinate
Kit
Vexinate

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm

I knew that!! ^.^" [Not really cX]

I kind of applied for Collector, but writer seems more better considering I like doing long posts and stories.<3 Wait atleast until Friday, just in case some people haven't got the nerve up yet to apply :D
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Yancy! Ummm, I read over the positions again, and.... Can I change to Writer? :DD
Back to top Go down
http://the4elements.catsboard.com
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Yeah, no problem! I'll edit it in a second. :D
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Yay! Thanks! I decided the 'Writer' does more 'writing' then the collector, so... chose that instead. :DD
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Administrator
Goldy

Mood : Tired

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

Ahh, this sounded like a really cool suggestion, so it can't hurt to try... x3

username;Goldy
reason for applying;Making a newsletter sounded fun to do, and I believe that every single one should be high quality and be entertaining.
any experience; I'm in yearbook club at my school, and design some selected pages. x3 If that counts as experience. Otherwise, I think this will be a good opportunity.
collector or writer;Both seem to be very fun jobs, but my #1 choice would probably be collector. :3
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story);
My RP Example:
other;Yancybear. ;3
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:20 am

Alright, lovely app! Adding you up.
Back to top Go down
HalfKitten
Deputy
HalfKitten

Mood : Friendly

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 pm

username;HalfKitten
reason for applying;I would like to spread the news of FP, and I have always wanted to write for a paper, like the school news. (If only they had a school news :P) I also want to get better at writing articles and stuff! ^^
any experience; not much, but I am one of the top writers in my class. Once, I wrote an entire essay in one night and my teacher showed it to the class!
collecter or writer; writer
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story); umm, this is a part of a story that I am writing (sorry if it's too long!):
here's my story:
other;YancyBear

Last edited by HalfKitten on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Nice, I'm adding you to the list. C:
Back to top Go down
HalfKitten
Deputy
HalfKitten

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

nobody else is volentering, why not?! :(
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I think we should just vote now... People have had more than enough time to apply... 0.0
Back to top Go down
HalfKitten
Deputy
HalfKitten

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm

that is like totally agreed...
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Alright. I was kinda hoping a last-second application would be posted, but whatevs. :3 I'll go make the voting thread now~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsletter Staff Applications
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2