Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warriors roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter. (Banner by Star.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newsletter Staff Applications

Go down 
+4
Vexinate
Star
Twisted
Yancy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

Newsletter Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

So, we're going to have a newsletter! Sounds fun, yes? And it is. Lots of people seemed to show interest in applying for the newsletter, so this is the place to do it. The thread will be open until at least six people apply. Then we vote until six people vote. x3 (The time may be extended... and more than ten people can vote, as long as I haven't announced it's time to vote. :P) But put effort into your application, this isn't first-come-first-serve, if you didn't get that already. :D

rules;
1. you MAY chat on this thread, but please keep it to a minimum.
2. all FP rules apply. >:3
3. put 'Yancybear' in the 'other' section of your app
4. whatever you write for 'example', put it in a spoiler. :D

Now, to explain the positions. We'll probably have 5 people on these positions (This may be slightly changed):

1. Editor - me
2. Editor in chief - Maggie
3. Writer
4. Writer
5. Collecter

Here's an explanation of the positions;

Editor: I check over everyone's writing, tell them what needs to be fixed or what they could do to make the article a bit better. You also need to check with me what you're writing about, so a few of us don't write about the same thing. I'll write articles along with the other Writers, so they have a little less work.

Editor in chief: After you've come to me, show your writing to Maggie. She'll proof-check it to make sure everything's good and ready to be published- it should be, but I may have missed something. After this, we can publish your writing. :D She can most definitely post articles if she would like.

Writers: Write articles about FP! We're trying to keep everyone updated here- look around FP for fun events, important characters stepping up to power, etc. For example, one of the writers could write about there being the OOC mod vote right now, and the results! Another Writer could write about New Years, and stuff like that. People can send in their request to the Collecter, who passes the request over to one of the writers, and they post an ad for that person. However, the person has to pay 50 points, earning us each 10 points!

Collecter: All ad requests will go to this person, who will post an ad in the newsletter. The 50 points the person paid for the ad will get us 10 points each! However, I'm paying the collecter for posting the ads by giving him/her 5 of my 10 points. x3 So, not a lot, but if we get, say, five requests in the week, the Collecter would get 50 points + my 25 = 75 points. In a week. So that's pretty good. :D And the collecter is still free to write articles, just to clear that up.

Alright, here's the form (btw, you don't have to have any experience, I just want to know it you have any) :

Code:

username;
reason for applying;
any experience;
collecter or writer;
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story);
other;

Those who applied so far;

1. Twisted - Collecter/Writer
2. Vexinate - Writer/Collector
3. Whispers - Writer
4. Goldy - Collecter
5. HalfKitten - Writer

1 more spot left! After that, we're voting! I changed it from 10 to 6 people because I was getting impatient. xD But 6 should work out because that means only half the people applied get to be on the team.

Magpie wrote:
Moved. c:

I've also created a hidden group for the Newsletter Staff. Yancy is the group moderator, so she can accept or reject requests to join (it's a hidden group though, so I don't think you're allowed to join request >_<) and add members to the group if they are part of the newsletter staff. Since it's a hidden group, those who are a part of it will not have their usernames coloured differently. The group also has moderation rights in the FP Newsletters subforum, so they have the ability to lock/delete/sticky/etc. posts and topics there.

So we get our own subforum. :D It's right under 'Announcements'. Just thought I should point that out. x3

Last edited by Yancy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twisted
Apprentice
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

username;Twisted
reason for applying; I'd love to be a part of this new idea, because it sounds like fun. C: It'd also bring lots of us users together, like a little community. I'm not saying we aren't already a community, but it would be nice to have something else other than roleplay that we could work on together.
any experience; I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for when you ask if we have any experience ( and I'll probably be saying the completely wrong thing. xD ) But I currently have a pretty successful and very active forum of my own. (:
collecter or writer; Hmm, I don't mind really, but I suppose I would enjoy being a Writer.
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story); A lithe, sandy coloured she cat with a sleek, long haired coat lazed on a large, flat rock. The bright sun warmed her pelt and she was blissfully unaware of her surroundings. Eventually, she grew so comfortable that she fell into a deep sleep.
other; Yancybear c;
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Lovely App. <3 What you put for experience is fine, I'm just asking for any experience relating to literature/RP, even putting something school-related would be fine, as long as it had something to do with writing! C:
Back to top Go down
Twisted
Apprentice
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks. c: I would change it, but I don't exactly write much.
I take pride in my roleplaying though, because I enjoy a good story. :)
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm

:D Glad to hear it! And just to clear things up, I don't expect jumbo-sized articles or anything. I think I gave off the impression that working for the newsletter would be a lot of responsibility. Which I guess is sorta true, but it's a team effort, and if you're busy or something, I would totally understand. :D
Back to top Go down
Twisted
Apprentice
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Oh no, I understood it was a team effort. :3 Plus, I probably wouldn't be able to write a jumbo sized article, without it sounding terrible. I think I prefer short & sweet. ^^
I don't mind what position I get, Collector or Writer is fine. (:
Back to top Go down
Star
Apprentice
Star

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Yeah you're right Yancy, it really wouldn't be a ton of work O3o I can see it being pretty fun, actually, and being a part of this team sounds like a lot of fun!

Hm. I think I might just apply
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Yes, short and sweet is what we're aiming for. :D Not too short, though. x3

And it would be totally awesome if you did, Star. <3 You don't have to or anything, but yeah. x3
Back to top Go down
Vexinate
Kit
Vexinate

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm

username; Vexinate
reason for applying; To become more extablished in this Warrior Cat community, I want to be able to get on a do something other then roleplay with my babeh Flightdirection.<3
any experience; None at all, but I'm a quick learner. This will just improve my skills more if you give me chance at it.[:
collecter or writer; Collecter
example of writing; [Roleplay Post ; A little something from Flightdirection's days as a apprentice.]
I hate mudd! I hate rain! I hate this clan! I HATE FALCONWING! the apprentice was in such a horrific mood right now that he couldn't stand being around his mentor and clan mates. So he snuck out as they paid their respects to his mother. This fox hearted fools don't care at all for me! tears streamed down the apprentices face, at his age he was quite the sight to see. With a large body frame and tall slender horse like legs, he was always mistakened for being older at gatherings. Just because of his looks most cats forgot how old he was and how much he knew, they would expect more out of him. Now that Frostbite isn't around to tell everyone to leave me alone... he couldn't finish the thought about his mother. Why Starclan? I became a Medicine Cat Apprentice like you wanted me to! he stopped as rain pelted him harshly and the wind whipped through his fur, he was going to catch a cold and he didn't care. Flightpaw knew that his short fur wasn't good enough for this type of weather, looking up he didn't see the sky... just trees and branches towering over him. More tears came as he stood back up and headed towards the stream, his body aching to leave this clan and his mind wanting him to return. He kept a nice trot and didn't even hesitate to stop as he heard paw steps join his own, his ear did flicker slightly so he could identify the paw steps to be his mentors. "What do you want." he spat out in a foul manner. That's when he felt Falconwing's paw slap him down to the ground and pin him, Look at me. Flightpaw didn't have a choice but to look up at his mentor, he didn't struggle or question why Falconwing had pinned him, he just accepted it as he looked up. Blue eyes wide with sorrow and anger, "What?" his tone was more calmer and the rain began to beat down more slowly, Get your act together and come back to the clan with be Flight. There's nothing you can do, if you kill yourself or run away then you would be throwing away the life your mother wanted to see you grow into. Stop making idiot decisions. the male apprentice narrowed his eyes and looked away for a moment, his eyes trained on a tree... then his blue gaze looked back at his mentor and he was once again calm. Without a word Falconwing had gripped his scruff and was struggling to carry the large apprentice back to camp, "I can walk just fine." he had said as he struggled out of the grip. It wasn't till they were at the camp entrance that he forced his mentor to release him. Now that's what I wanted to hear. Go back into the camp and go apologize. To everyone else, then your mother... you will be sitting with her all night and in the morning you will help us to put her body to rest. With a slight nod of his head, he waited for his mentor to go in first before following after. Prepaired to live a life with out his mother.
other; Yancybear<3

Last edited by Vexinate on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twisted
Apprentice
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Y'know, it'd be pretty cool Star, if you made a little banner for the top of the newsletter with the team's main roleplay cats and if it said Forgotten Purrs Newsletter or something. c: I understand if you're too busy & whatnot but it would make the newsletter look more pretty and professional. ^^
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Vexi! :D Nice app, though I see the coding's being a bit funky?

And yes, that would be pretty cool. x3 Maybe I could order a drawing from your Points Shop?
Back to top Go down
Vexinate
Kit
Vexinate

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Oh yeah, I think I pretty much fixed the coding. It's just my laptop was making it look weird, but I got it under control... thanks though! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Star
Apprentice
Star

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

:o D'you think so? Hm... Well maybe XD Goodness so much art is happening. If the Newsletter Team ends up asking for the banner or icons or something, I would be happy to oblige. Untill then I'll finish these requests and work on the banner for FP ^^

Also, yay points shop~
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Alright, it looks good now. :3 Thanks for applying!

Your art is amazing, Star. >:3 I want to order a drawing from your shop, but I don't think it's open yet. ;^;
Back to top Go down
Ember
Apprentice
Ember

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I'd apply but right now I'm like, partially blind, so it'll have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Alright. C: There's still quite some time left, so take your time. Also, thank you for showing interest! :D
Back to top Go down
Ember
Apprentice
Ember

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm

No problem. c;
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

username; Whispers
reason for applying; I really want to be apart of this because I love writing. xD I love to make an impression and participate in a lot of fun activities. Not to mention writing is kind of a hobby for me, so anything that has to do with it makes me feel happy. C:
any experience; My sister recently wrote an article for a newspaper, and I watched her and helped her on some things. I also am currently writing 3 stories. I dunno if that's experience. C:
collector or writer; Writer please. ^^
example of writing (Can be RP post/newsletter article/short story);

Just a short roleplay article from one of my characters. C:

Copperear leaped from tree to tree his tail flailing behind him, the wind in his pelt. He whooped silently in his mind, wondering exactly why he was jumping, maybe because he just wanted to have some fun after all that tiring hunting, and carrying moss into the dens. He flexed his claws as he landed on a branch, then thrusted his back legs forward, causing him to fly off the tree branch, and swipe through the air once again. After a few more leaps, he landed on the floor with a grunt. Swiveling his big brown ears, he heard a rustle in a nearby branch. He surveyed it, stalking behind it closely. "Wait for it..." He whispered. A squirrel came dashing out, running in heavy Zig-Zags to avoid Copperear's sharp claws. "Oh, well, couldn't hurt!" He shouted as he chased after the squirrel. He pounced it, wrapping his sharp claws around it's body. The squirrel swiveled and squirmed, until finally, he pressed his jaws on it's neck and it's legs stood still. He picked it up firmly and smile formed on his muzzle underneath it's furry body. "Ha! Ya did good Copper!" He trotted back to camp, his legs moving repeatedly in rythym, one after the other.
other; YancyBear. C:

Last edited by whispers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://the4elements.catsboard.com
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Alright, nice app! :D Thank you for applying. Now we just need to wait for 7 more people.
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

GLADLY! :DD
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Congrats on the promotion by the way! :D
Back to top Go down
Whispers
Elder
Whispers

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks, You too! :DD
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 pm

:D It's so exciting! Anyway, bump. x3 Only 7 more spots, come and take em'!
Back to top Go down
Vexinate
Kit
Vexinate

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 pm

I just realized I'm a writer :3 I feel accomplished! <3
Back to top Go down
Yancy
Warrior
Yancy

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Where it says Vixenate - Writer, that means that's what you applied for. It doesn't mean you're already in that position... but I just might end the application deadline sooner, because it doesn't seem lots of people are applying. D: But those of you who did, thank you! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter Staff Applications   Newsletter Staff Applications Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsletter Staff Applications
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next