Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
The time of ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and even the Tribe of the Rushing Water have long passed. The old heroes are just legends now, and the Ancient Clans, tales of LionClan, TigerClan and LeopardClan are scarcely remembered. Tales of Clans and Tribes spread from forest to forest, Twolegplace to Twolegplace, and although the rumors quickly spread, the warrior code, the purpose of Tribes and Clans remained the same. Thus, the first leaders came together: Magpiestar, Sunstar, Hollowstar and Mothstar. Although their beliefs and loyalties were divided, they each were strong and proud and knew their destinies: to rule the forest together, to respect one another, and to sacrifice everything for their friends. Now, those leaders, too, have passed, and it's your time to step up an aid in the rebirth of the forest.

Don't register unless you think you'll stay active! ;)
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warriors roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter. (Banner by Star.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is roleplaying and how do I begin?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Head Admin
Magpie

What is roleplaying and how do I begin? Empty
PostSubject: What is roleplaying and how do I begin?   What is roleplaying and how do I begin? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

This is not a guide on how to roleplay Warrior cats specifically. Instead, it is an introduction to roleplay as a whole.

In order to get the full experience of Forgotten Purrs, you need to be able to roleplay. FP's roleplaying standards are fairly high, so it's recommended that you have some experience before starting here. But we won't turn away anyone just because they don't know how to roleplay, and many members here will be willing to teach you. If you're new to roleplaying and to FP in general, you might want to take a look at our mentoring system.

Put simply, roleplaying is writing a story between two or more people. Unlike normal story collaboration, in roleplay you can only control one character: yours. It's very rude to control another person's character and is against FP's rules.
In order to ensure a quality roleplay, here at Forgotten Purrs we require that you post at least 30 in-character words per RP post. There is a word counter as a side widget, so that you can check the length of your post before submitting it. This rule doesn't apply to non-roleplay posts.
There are two kinds of roleplay here: private topics and public topics. Public topics (example) are specific parts of land where multiple events can happen at once, and anyone can join in roleplaying there. Private topics (example) are topics created for a small group of people to roleplay out a specific event in. Private topics aren't usually between more than two or three people, and are locked once the event is over. They aren't territory topics, meaning that they usually take place in a very specific plot of land where only one thing can be happening at a time.
Gatherings (example) are considered private topics: although many people are allowed to participate, these people are all chosen ahead of time, and must be invited.
Now, hopefully you have a rough idea of what roleplay is.... But how to do it?

First, you need a character. All roleplay characters at FP need to be approved before you can begin RPing. Examples of approved characters can all be found here.
Using this template, you can create a new topic and fill out the information for your character there. But don't start roleplaying yet!
A moderator will need to look over your character and make sure it's fit for FP roleplay. Check the topic regularly for a post from our staff. Please respect and follow their directions, as they have been here for longest and are experienced roleplayers.

Once you've been approved, you can go ahead and create a new topic or post in an older one. Respect private topics, but don't feel worried about posting in a public topic. Remember that some characters are mean or aggressive, and their behavior in no way represents their owner's personality.
Of course, you can always ask for a mentor or ask any questions in our Questions and Suggestions board.
Back to top Go down

What is roleplaying and how do I begin?
Page 1 of 1